‘Efforts being made to belittle attack on Mamata’
Kolkata: The Trinamool Congress on Saturday claimed that there were efforts to downplay the `attack` on Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Finance Minister Amit Mitra in Delhi by projecting the vandalism at Presidency University.
Stating that the party had condemned both the April 9 `attack` on Banerjee and the finance minister and the vandalism at Presidency University a day after, TMC Secretary General Partha Chatterjee alleged that "attempts are being made to make light the incident of attack on the CM by highlighting the Presidency incident.
"The attack in Delhi was made when the chief minister had gone to the Planning Commission with the state`s demand. The CPI(M) is trying to stall the state`s development," he alleged as the party took out protest procession from Moulali to Gandhi`s statue in central Kolkata.
The violence at the University on Wednesday was carried out by alleged Trinamool Congress youth wing activists in an apparent retaliation to the protests against Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and heckling of Finance Minister Alok Mitra in Delhi on Tuesday by CPI(M) and SFI activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions