Eight crib deaths in West Bengal hospital
Kolkata: Crib deaths are back to haunt West Bengal hospitals with at least eight infants dying at the Malda Medical College Hospital (MMCH) in Malda district since Wednesday.
"In the last 24 hours, eight babies, all below one year of age, have died in the hospital. The babies were born premature and were suffering from low weight and respiratory problems," MMCH principal Uchchal Bhadra said.
Following the deaths, a seven-member committee under chief medical officer of health (CMOH), Malda, has been formed to probe the matter and asked to submit its report by Friday, he said.
The hospital alone had witnessed over 200 crib deaths last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you