Eight crib deaths in West Bengal hospital
Kolkata: Crib deaths are back to haunt West Bengal hospitals with at least eight infants dying at the Malda Medical College Hospital (MMCH) in Malda district since Wednesday.
"In the last 24 hours, eight babies, all below one year of age, have died in the hospital. The babies were born premature and were suffering from low weight and respiratory problems," MMCH principal Uchchal Bhadra said.
Following the deaths, a seven-member committee under chief medical officer of health (CMOH), Malda, has been formed to probe the matter and asked to submit its report by Friday, he said.
The hospital alone had witnessed over 200 crib deaths last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city