Eight detained for interrogation in Lalgarh
Kolkata: Eight persons, including suspected Maoists, were Friday detained for interrogation after arms and ammunition seized from them during anti-Maoist operations in West Midnapore district, police said.
"Eight persons from Ghuri village in Belatikri area in Lalgarh have been detained. We are interrogating them and if necessary, arrest some of them," West Midnapore Superintendent of Police Manoj Verma said.
Asked whether the detained persons had Maoist links, Verma said "So far, it seems some of them are active Maoists.
Arms and some ammunitions have been seized from them." Earlier this week, police had arrested Sundar Mandi, a member of the People`s Guerrilla Group who was involved in 30 cases of murder and kidnap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users