Eight detained for interrogation in Lalgarh
Kolkata: Eight persons, including suspected Maoists, were Friday detained for interrogation after arms and ammunition seized from them during anti-Maoist operations in West Midnapore district, police said.
"Eight persons from Ghuri village in Belatikri area in Lalgarh have been detained. We are interrogating them and if necessary, arrest some of them," West Midnapore Superintendent of Police Manoj Verma said.
Asked whether the detained persons had Maoist links, Verma said "So far, it seems some of them are active Maoists.
Arms and some ammunitions have been seized from them." Earlier this week, police had arrested Sundar Mandi, a member of the People`s Guerrilla Group who was involved in 30 cases of murder and kidnap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Turkey tanks enter Syria in anti-Islamic State operation
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati
- Did OP Jaisha lie about official apathy in Rio? Here is her co-runner's version
- Can bear body odour, not bad breath: Ranveer Singh