Eight detained for interrogation in Lalgarh
Kolkata: Eight persons, including suspected Maoists, were Friday detained for interrogation after arms and ammunition seized from them during anti-Maoist operations in West Midnapore district, police said.
"Eight persons from Ghuri village in Belatikri area in Lalgarh have been detained. We are interrogating them and if necessary, arrest some of them," West Midnapore Superintendent of Police Manoj Verma said.
Asked whether the detained persons had Maoist links, Verma said "So far, it seems some of them are active Maoists.
Arms and some ammunitions have been seized from them." Earlier this week, police had arrested Sundar Mandi, a member of the People`s Guerrilla Group who was involved in 30 cases of murder and kidnap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'