Eight injured as TC-Cong clash over School committee election
Midnapore: Eight persons were injured when supporters of Trinamool Congress and Congress clashed during a primary school committee election at Sabong in West Midnapore district Sunday.
Police said six Trinamool Congress men and two Congress supporters suffered injuries as altercation between two sides snowballed into a clash in the Ruinan Primary School Committee election.
All the injured were taken to Sabong Hospital.
In a counter-move to the withdrawal of support to the UPA government by the Trinamool Congress on Thursday, the Congress yesterday pulled out its six ministers from the Mamata Banerjee ministry.
Manas Bhuniya, who resigned as Irrigation, SMEs, Micro Industries, Textile minister from the state cabinet, represented the Sabong constituency in the assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video