Eight injured as TC-Cong clash over School committee election
Midnapore: Eight persons were injured when supporters of Trinamool Congress and Congress clashed during a primary school committee election at Sabong in West Midnapore district Sunday.
Police said six Trinamool Congress men and two Congress supporters suffered injuries as altercation between two sides snowballed into a clash in the Ruinan Primary School Committee election.
All the injured were taken to Sabong Hospital.
In a counter-move to the withdrawal of support to the UPA government by the Trinamool Congress on Thursday, the Congress yesterday pulled out its six ministers from the Mamata Banerjee ministry.
Manas Bhuniya, who resigned as Irrigation, SMEs, Micro Industries, Textile minister from the state cabinet, represented the Sabong constituency in the assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert