Eight injured as TC-Cong clash over School committee election
Midnapore: Eight persons were injured when supporters of Trinamool Congress and Congress clashed during a primary school committee election at Sabong in West Midnapore district Sunday.
Police said six Trinamool Congress men and two Congress supporters suffered injuries as altercation between two sides snowballed into a clash in the Ruinan Primary School Committee election.
All the injured were taken to Sabong Hospital.
In a counter-move to the withdrawal of support to the UPA government by the Trinamool Congress on Thursday, the Congress yesterday pulled out its six ministers from the Mamata Banerjee ministry.
Manas Bhuniya, who resigned as Irrigation, SMEs, Micro Industries, Textile minister from the state cabinet, represented the Sabong constituency in the assembly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah