Eight injured as TC-Cong clash over School committee election
Midnapore: Eight persons were injured when supporters of Trinamool Congress and Congress clashed during a primary school committee election at Sabong in West Midnapore district Sunday.
Police said six Trinamool Congress men and two Congress supporters suffered injuries as altercation between two sides snowballed into a clash in the Ruinan Primary School Committee election.
All the injured were taken to Sabong Hospital.
In a counter-move to the withdrawal of support to the UPA government by the Trinamool Congress on Thursday, the Congress yesterday pulled out its six ministers from the Mamata Banerjee ministry.
Manas Bhuniya, who resigned as Irrigation, SMEs, Micro Industries, Textile minister from the state cabinet, represented the Sabong constituency in the assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof