Eight injured in TMC-CPI(M) clash
Hingalganj: CPI(M)-Trinamool Congress activists clashed at Hingalganj in North 24 Parganas district on Monday evening leaving eight injured, three of them seriously.
The clash broke out when a CPI(M) procession was passing by the BDO`s office and some local TMC activists protested to some "objectionable slogans against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, police sources said.
All the injured were taken to local health centre from where three were referred to the rural hospital.
The area located close to Bangladesh border and falling on one side of Sunderbans, BSF and police both patrolled the village and the situation was now under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week