Eight injured in TMC-CPI(M) clash
Hingalganj: CPI(M)-Trinamool Congress activists clashed at Hingalganj in North 24 Parganas district on Monday evening leaving eight injured, three of them seriously.
The clash broke out when a CPI(M) procession was passing by the BDO`s office and some local TMC activists protested to some "objectionable slogans against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, police sources said.
All the injured were taken to local health centre from where three were referred to the rural hospital.
The area located close to Bangladesh border and falling on one side of Sunderbans, BSF and police both patrolled the village and the situation was now under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery