Eight injured in TMC-CPI(M) clash
Hingalganj: CPI(M)-Trinamool Congress activists clashed at Hingalganj in North 24 Parganas district on Monday evening leaving eight injured, three of them seriously.
The clash broke out when a CPI(M) procession was passing by the BDO`s office and some local TMC activists protested to some "objectionable slogans against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, police sources said.
All the injured were taken to local health centre from where three were referred to the rural hospital.
The area located close to Bangladesh border and falling on one side of Sunderbans, BSF and police both patrolled the village and the situation was now under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players