Eight injured in TMC-CPI(M) clash
Hingalganj: CPI(M)-Trinamool Congress activists clashed at Hingalganj in North 24 Parganas district on Monday evening leaving eight injured, three of them seriously.
The clash broke out when a CPI(M) procession was passing by the BDO`s office and some local TMC activists protested to some "objectionable slogans against West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, police sources said.
All the injured were taken to local health centre from where three were referred to the rural hospital.
The area located close to Bangladesh border and falling on one side of Sunderbans, BSF and police both patrolled the village and the situation was now under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday