Eight killed in bus-truck collision in Bengal
East Midnapore (West Bengal): Eight people were killed and 30 injured when a bus collided head-on with a truck at Heria here late Thursday, police said.
According to police, five people died on the spot when the Digha-bound bus, which was coming from Howrah, collided with the truck.
The injured were rushed to hospitals, where three more people died.
Among the eight people killed, seven were passengers of the bus, police said, adding a pedestrian was also killed in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks