Eight killed in bus-truck collision in Bengal
East Midnapore (West Bengal): Eight people were killed and 30 injured when a bus collided head-on with a truck at Heria here late Thursday, police said.
According to police, five people died on the spot when the Digha-bound bus, which was coming from Howrah, collided with the truck.
The injured were rushed to hospitals, where three more people died.
Among the eight people killed, seven were passengers of the bus, police said, adding a pedestrian was also killed in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH