Eight killed in bus-truck collision in Bengal
East Midnapore (West Bengal): Eight people were killed and 30 injured when a bus collided head-on with a truck at Heria here late Thursday, police said.
According to police, five people died on the spot when the Digha-bound bus, which was coming from Howrah, collided with the truck.
The injured were rushed to hospitals, where three more people died.
Among the eight people killed, seven were passengers of the bus, police said, adding a pedestrian was also killed in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?