Eight killed in bus-truck collision in Bengal
East Midnapore (West Bengal): Eight people were killed and 30 injured when a bus collided head-on with a truck at Heria here late Thursday, police said.
According to police, five people died on the spot when the Digha-bound bus, which was coming from Howrah, collided with the truck.
The injured were rushed to hospitals, where three more people died.
Among the eight people killed, seven were passengers of the bus, police said, adding a pedestrian was also killed in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact