Eight killed in bus-truck collision in Bengal
East Midnapore (West Bengal): Eight people were killed and 30 injured when a bus collided head-on with a truck at Heria here late Thursday, police said.
According to police, five people died on the spot when the Digha-bound bus, which was coming from Howrah, collided with the truck.
The injured were rushed to hospitals, where three more people died.
Among the eight people killed, seven were passengers of the bus, police said, adding a pedestrian was also killed in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it