Eight killed in West Midnapore
Midnapore (WB): Suspected Maoists on Monday killed three CPI(M) supporters in West Midnapore district where the bullet-riddled bodies of two Trinamool Congress activists were found.
The ultras gunned down two CPI(M) supporters Sushil Mahato and Paresh Mahato, who were neighbours, at Dhanngori village, police said.
In another incident, the body of CPI(M) supporter Ganesh Ahir, who was kidnapped by suspected Maoists from Rashikpur village in Salboni police station area last night, was found this morning.
Two Trinamool Congress supporters, who were among seven kidnapped from Bodomouli village allegedly by CPI(M) armed cadre last night, were found shot dead with their hands tied on National Highway 60 near Jagannathpur under Salboni police station area this morning, they said.
The two Trinamool Congress supporters were identified as Kalipada Tudu and Chunka Soren. The other five managed to escape.
Maoists had on Sunday killed CPI(M) zonal committee member Rahim Patar and Garmal gram panchayat pradhan, Pashupati Singh at Ovkharikasuli village under the same police station area.
The joint forces had yesterday recovered an unidentified beheaded body from Puluidanga village in Binpur police station area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- It's a 'happy-sad feeling' for Anushka Sharma as 'Phillauri' shoot comes to an end!
- Lankan Navy damages seven boats of Tamil Nadu fishermen
- At least 18 killed by a roadside bomb in Somalia
- 'Too much' or 'too little' sleep can raise diabetes risk in men
- 7th Pay Commission: No decision yet on increase in allowances; pay hike to be implemented from Jan 2016