Eight killed in West Midnapore
Midnapore (WB): Suspected Maoists on Monday killed three CPI(M) supporters in West Midnapore district where the bullet-riddled bodies of two Trinamool Congress activists were found.
The ultras gunned down two CPI(M) supporters Sushil Mahato and Paresh Mahato, who were neighbours, at Dhanngori village, police said.
In another incident, the body of CPI(M) supporter Ganesh Ahir, who was kidnapped by suspected Maoists from Rashikpur village in Salboni police station area last night, was found this morning.
Two Trinamool Congress supporters, who were among seven kidnapped from Bodomouli village allegedly by CPI(M) armed cadre last night, were found shot dead with their hands tied on National Highway 60 near Jagannathpur under Salboni police station area this morning, they said.
The two Trinamool Congress supporters were identified as Kalipada Tudu and Chunka Soren. The other five managed to escape.
Maoists had on Sunday killed CPI(M) zonal committee member Rahim Patar and Garmal gram panchayat pradhan, Pashupati Singh at Ovkharikasuli village under the same police station area.
The joint forces had yesterday recovered an unidentified beheaded body from Puluidanga village in Binpur police station area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi