Eight SRFTI students suspended for ragging
Kolkata: Altogether eight students have been `temporarily suspended` from the Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI) here on the charge of ragging and a five-member inquiry committee has been formed to probe the matter.
"Eight students have been temporarily suspended for ragging. A five-member committee has been formed to probe the matter. It will submit its report after the inquiry and further course of action will be decided after that," Dipankar Mukherjee, registrar of SRFTI said here.
Mukherjee said that he had received complaints of ragging from two first year girl students against eight seniors and action has been taken against them.
Earlier, Dipankar Dey, actor and chairman of the governing council of the institute said, "The SRFTI director informed me today that seven students have been suspended on account of ragging."
He said that he supported the action taken by the institute as ragging is illegal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested