Eight SRFTI students suspended for ragging
Kolkata: Altogether eight students have been `temporarily suspended` from the Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI) here on the charge of ragging and a five-member inquiry committee has been formed to probe the matter.
"Eight students have been temporarily suspended for ragging. A five-member committee has been formed to probe the matter. It will submit its report after the inquiry and further course of action will be decided after that," Dipankar Mukherjee, registrar of SRFTI said here.
Mukherjee said that he had received complaints of ragging from two first year girl students against eight seniors and action has been taken against them.
Earlier, Dipankar Dey, actor and chairman of the governing council of the institute said, "The SRFTI director informed me today that seven students have been suspended on account of ragging."
He said that he supported the action taken by the institute as ragging is illegal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video