Eight SRFTI students suspended for ragging
Kolkata: Altogether eight students have been `temporarily suspended` from the Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI) here on the charge of ragging and a five-member inquiry committee has been formed to probe the matter.
"Eight students have been temporarily suspended for ragging. A five-member committee has been formed to probe the matter. It will submit its report after the inquiry and further course of action will be decided after that," Dipankar Mukherjee, registrar of SRFTI said here.
Mukherjee said that he had received complaints of ragging from two first year girl students against eight seniors and action has been taken against them.
Earlier, Dipankar Dey, actor and chairman of the governing council of the institute said, "The SRFTI director informed me today that seven students have been suspended on account of ragging."
He said that he supported the action taken by the institute as ragging is illegal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends