Eight SRFTI students suspended for ragging
Kolkata: Altogether eight students have been `temporarily suspended` from the Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI) here on the charge of ragging and a five-member inquiry committee has been formed to probe the matter.
"Eight students have been temporarily suspended for ragging. A five-member committee has been formed to probe the matter. It will submit its report after the inquiry and further course of action will be decided after that," Dipankar Mukherjee, registrar of SRFTI said here.
Mukherjee said that he had received complaints of ragging from two first year girl students against eight seniors and action has been taken against them.
Earlier, Dipankar Dey, actor and chairman of the governing council of the institute said, "The SRFTI director informed me today that seven students have been suspended on account of ragging."
He said that he supported the action taken by the institute as ragging is illegal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY