Elephant kills woman in West Bengal forest
Kolkata: A tribal woman was trampled to death by an elephant in a West Bengal forest, an official said on Tuesday after finding her body.
Four women went to the forest in Maraghat in Jalpaiguri to collect firewood when the elephant attacked them. While three of them escaped, the fourth was killed, Divisional Forest Officer Bidyut Sarkar said.
Last week, a minor girl was crushed to death in Alipurduar district after an elephant attacked her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters