Elephant kills woman in West Bengal forest
Kolkata: A tribal woman was trampled to death by an elephant in a West Bengal forest, an official said on Tuesday after finding her body.
Four women went to the forest in Maraghat in Jalpaiguri to collect firewood when the elephant attacked them. While three of them escaped, the fourth was killed, Divisional Forest Officer Bidyut Sarkar said.
Last week, a minor girl was crushed to death in Alipurduar district after an elephant attacked her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender