Elephant kills woman in West Bengal forest
Kolkata: A tribal woman was trampled to death by an elephant in a West Bengal forest, an official said on Tuesday after finding her body.
Four women went to the forest in Maraghat in Jalpaiguri to collect firewood when the elephant attacked them. While three of them escaped, the fourth was killed, Divisional Forest Officer Bidyut Sarkar said.
Last week, a minor girl was crushed to death in Alipurduar district after an elephant attacked her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM