Elephant kills woman in West Bengal forest
Kolkata: A tribal woman was trampled to death by an elephant in a West Bengal forest, an official said on Tuesday after finding her body.
Four women went to the forest in Maraghat in Jalpaiguri to collect firewood when the elephant attacked them. While three of them escaped, the fourth was killed, Divisional Forest Officer Bidyut Sarkar said.
Last week, a minor girl was crushed to death in Alipurduar district after an elephant attacked her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption