Elephants kill one person in Jalpaiguri
Jalpaiguri: One person was trampled to death by elephants on Thursday when the animals came to eat maize in a field at Banarhat in Jalpaiguri district.
Forest officials said 26-year-old Sarai Mahali was attacked by elephants when he went out of his relative`s home at Chunabhati tea garden early Thursday morning.
A resident of nearby Kachal Guri tea garden, Mahali came to his relative’s home here.
The herd of elephants also damaged Mahali`s relative`s mud house when the members of the family fled away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?