Elephants kill one person in Jalpaiguri
Jalpaiguri: One person was trampled to death by elephants on Thursday when the animals came to eat maize in a field at Banarhat in Jalpaiguri district.
Forest officials said 26-year-old Sarai Mahali was attacked by elephants when he went out of his relative`s home at Chunabhati tea garden early Thursday morning.
A resident of nearby Kachal Guri tea garden, Mahali came to his relative’s home here.
The herd of elephants also damaged Mahali`s relative`s mud house when the members of the family fled away.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler