Elephants kill one person in Jalpaiguri
Jalpaiguri: One person was trampled to death by elephants on Thursday when the animals came to eat maize in a field at Banarhat in Jalpaiguri district.
Forest officials said 26-year-old Sarai Mahali was attacked by elephants when he went out of his relative`s home at Chunabhati tea garden early Thursday morning.
A resident of nearby Kachal Guri tea garden, Mahali came to his relative’s home here.
The herd of elephants also damaged Mahali`s relative`s mud house when the members of the family fled away.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?