Elephants kill one person in Jalpaiguri
Jalpaiguri: One person was trampled to death by elephants on Thursday when the animals came to eat maize in a field at Banarhat in Jalpaiguri district.
Forest officials said 26-year-old Sarai Mahali was attacked by elephants when he went out of his relative`s home at Chunabhati tea garden early Thursday morning.
A resident of nearby Kachal Guri tea garden, Mahali came to his relative’s home here.
The herd of elephants also damaged Mahali`s relative`s mud house when the members of the family fled away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indonesia executes foreign convicts despite protests; Indian national spared
- Public sector bank employees on strike today; operations hit
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why