Elephants kill one person in Jalpaiguri
Jalpaiguri: One person was trampled to death by elephants on Thursday when the animals came to eat maize in a field at Banarhat in Jalpaiguri district.
Forest officials said 26-year-old Sarai Mahali was attacked by elephants when he went out of his relative`s home at Chunabhati tea garden early Thursday morning.
A resident of nearby Kachal Guri tea garden, Mahali came to his relative’s home here.
The herd of elephants also damaged Mahali`s relative`s mud house when the members of the family fled away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes