EMU local derails, suburban train services hit
Kolkata: An EMU local train on Saturday derailed at Dum Dum station disrupting traffic on the route for some time, railway sources said.
Six coaches of Naihati-Sealdah EMU local derailed this morning immediately after it left the platform number 2 of Dum Dum station at 6.05 AM, Eastern Railway spokesperson said.
Nobody was injured in the incident, the spokesperson said, adding that Dum Dum-Sealdah line was affected as a result of the derailment.
The suburban train services to Sealdah station were affected but the services on the main line from Sealdah was normal, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared on May 28; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government
- Coalition warplanes pummel Islamic State in Syria bastion