EMU local derails, suburban train services hit
Kolkata: An EMU local train on Saturday derailed at Dum Dum station disrupting traffic on the route for some time, railway sources said.
Six coaches of Naihati-Sealdah EMU local derailed this morning immediately after it left the platform number 2 of Dum Dum station at 6.05 AM, Eastern Railway spokesperson said.
Nobody was injured in the incident, the spokesperson said, adding that Dum Dum-Sealdah line was affected as a result of the derailment.
The suburban train services to Sealdah station were affected but the services on the main line from Sealdah was normal, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi