EMU local derails, suburban train services hit
Kolkata: An EMU local train on Saturday derailed at Dum Dum station disrupting traffic on the route for some time, railway sources said.
Six coaches of Naihati-Sealdah EMU local derailed this morning immediately after it left the platform number 2 of Dum Dum station at 6.05 AM, Eastern Railway spokesperson said.
Nobody was injured in the incident, the spokesperson said, adding that Dum Dum-Sealdah line was affected as a result of the derailment.
The suburban train services to Sealdah station were affected but the services on the main line from Sealdah was normal, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt