EMU local derails, suburban train services hit
Kolkata: An EMU local train on Saturday derailed at Dum Dum station disrupting traffic on the route for some time, railway sources said.
Six coaches of Naihati-Sealdah EMU local derailed this morning immediately after it left the platform number 2 of Dum Dum station at 6.05 AM, Eastern Railway spokesperson said.
Nobody was injured in the incident, the spokesperson said, adding that Dum Dum-Sealdah line was affected as a result of the derailment.
The suburban train services to Sealdah station were affected but the services on the main line from Sealdah was normal, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list