Encephalitis toll in North Bengal touches 121
Kolkata: With two more deaths due to "different types of Encephalitis" reported in north Bengal in the last 24 hours, the toll from the disease in north Bengal rose to 121 on Sunday.
"Two deaths have been reported in north Bengal and four new cases have also been reported in the state," West Bengal Health Services Director Biswaranjan Satpathy said.
Taking into account the death of 20 persons from other states in north Bengal due to Encephalitis, the toll was 141 since January this year.
Claiming that the situation in the seven districts of north Bengal was under control, the medical officer said there has been no trace of the Japanese Encephalitis (JE) virus here in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss