Encephalitis toll in North Bengal touches 121
Kolkata: With two more deaths due to "different types of Encephalitis" reported in north Bengal in the last 24 hours, the toll from the disease in north Bengal rose to 121 on Sunday.
"Two deaths have been reported in north Bengal and four new cases have also been reported in the state," West Bengal Health Services Director Biswaranjan Satpathy said.
Taking into account the death of 20 persons from other states in north Bengal due to Encephalitis, the toll was 141 since January this year.
Claiming that the situation in the seven districts of north Bengal was under control, the medical officer said there has been no trace of the Japanese Encephalitis (JE) virus here in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16