Encephalitis toll in North Bengal touches 121
Kolkata: With two more deaths due to "different types of Encephalitis" reported in north Bengal in the last 24 hours, the toll from the disease in north Bengal rose to 121 on Sunday.
"Two deaths have been reported in north Bengal and four new cases have also been reported in the state," West Bengal Health Services Director Biswaranjan Satpathy said.
Taking into account the death of 20 persons from other states in north Bengal due to Encephalitis, the toll was 141 since January this year.
Claiming that the situation in the seven districts of north Bengal was under control, the medical officer said there has been no trace of the Japanese Encephalitis (JE) virus here in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends