Encephalitis toll in North Bengal touches 121
Kolkata: With two more deaths due to "different types of Encephalitis" reported in north Bengal in the last 24 hours, the toll from the disease in north Bengal rose to 121 on Sunday.
"Two deaths have been reported in north Bengal and four new cases have also been reported in the state," West Bengal Health Services Director Biswaranjan Satpathy said.
Taking into account the death of 20 persons from other states in north Bengal due to Encephalitis, the toll was 141 since January this year.
Claiming that the situation in the seven districts of north Bengal was under control, the medical officer said there has been no trace of the Japanese Encephalitis (JE) virus here in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'