Ex-WB minister might be called again for questioning
Kolkata: The CID is contemplating to again question former West Bengal housing minister and CPI(M) leader Gautam Deb on alleged financial irregularities in a joint venture between the erstwhile Left Front government and a real estate company.
"We think of questioning him once again. Lets see. We have not informed anything officially," ADG (CID) Sivaji Ghosh said.
Earlier in June, Deb was questioned by the CID.
Deb had then alleged that it was under the instruction of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee that the CID had summoned him and had kept him at Bhawani Bhawan for two hours.
Earlier this year, the state housing department under the ruling Trinamool Congress had lodged a complaint at the Taltala police station, alleging that major financial irregularities had been found in transactions by the Bengal Greenfield Housing Development Corporation Limited.
The company was one of the eight real estate firms with which the former Left Front government had entered into a joint venture.
Left Front Chairman Biman Bose has accused the Trinamool regime of harassing CPI(M) leaders and former ministers through false cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials