Examinees agitate for lack of question paper
Howrah: The examinees who came to take examination for recruitment of teachers in West Bengal government-aided schools agitated when 211 of them did not get question papers at an examination centre at Bagnan in Howrah district.
Subdivisional Officer (SDO) Sujay Acharya said that there was a shortage of 211 question papers of examination conducted by School Service Commission at the examination centre at Bagnan Adarsha Balika Vidyalaya.
Out of 632 candidates, 211 did not get question papers and the examination had to be stopped, sources said.
The candidates agitated in the school premises and police and Rapid Action Force personnel had to be called in to maintain peace there, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination