Examinees agitate for lack of question paper
Howrah: The examinees who came to take examination for recruitment of teachers in West Bengal government-aided schools agitated when 211 of them did not get question papers at an examination centre at Bagnan in Howrah district.
Subdivisional Officer (SDO) Sujay Acharya said that there was a shortage of 211 question papers of examination conducted by School Service Commission at the examination centre at Bagnan Adarsha Balika Vidyalaya.
Out of 632 candidates, 211 did not get question papers and the examination had to be stopped, sources said.
The candidates agitated in the school premises and police and Rapid Action Force personnel had to be called in to maintain peace there, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...