Examinees agitate for lack of question paper
Howrah: The examinees who came to take examination for recruitment of teachers in West Bengal government-aided schools agitated when 211 of them did not get question papers at an examination centre at Bagnan in Howrah district.
Subdivisional Officer (SDO) Sujay Acharya said that there was a shortage of 211 question papers of examination conducted by School Service Commission at the examination centre at Bagnan Adarsha Balika Vidyalaya.
Out of 632 candidates, 211 did not get question papers and the examination had to be stopped, sources said.
The candidates agitated in the school premises and police and Rapid Action Force personnel had to be called in to maintain peace there, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details