Expedite land acquisition for NH-34: NHAI to WB Govt
Kolkata: The National Highway Authority
of India (NHAI) will widen the NH-34 from Barasat to Siliguri
in West Bengal on schedule if the West Bengal government
helped it acquire the required land.
Chief Secretary Ardhendu Sen who met NHAI Chairman
Brijeshwar Singh told reporters that the state government was
looking into how it could help the NHAI.
The NHAI chairman has been asked to speed up the work
on the Kolaghat bridge, widening of the Haldia-Kolaghat
National Highway (NH-41), the highway connecting Falakata and
Dhupguri, and the Panagarh bypass, Sen said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon