Expedite land acquisition for NH-34: NHAI to WB Govt
Kolkata: The National Highway Authority
of India (NHAI) will widen the NH-34 from Barasat to Siliguri
in West Bengal on schedule if the West Bengal government
helped it acquire the required land.
Chief Secretary Ardhendu Sen who met NHAI Chairman
Brijeshwar Singh told reporters that the state government was
looking into how it could help the NHAI.
The NHAI chairman has been asked to speed up the work
on the Kolaghat bridge, widening of the Haldia-Kolaghat
National Highway (NH-41), the highway connecting Falakata and
Dhupguri, and the Panagarh bypass, Sen said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter