Expedite land acquisition for NH-34: NHAI to WB Govt
Kolkata: The National Highway Authority
of India (NHAI) will widen the NH-34 from Barasat to Siliguri
in West Bengal on schedule if the West Bengal government
helped it acquire the required land.
Chief Secretary Ardhendu Sen who met NHAI Chairman
Brijeshwar Singh told reporters that the state government was
looking into how it could help the NHAI.
The NHAI chairman has been asked to speed up the work
on the Kolaghat bridge, widening of the Haldia-Kolaghat
National Highway (NH-41), the highway connecting Falakata and
Dhupguri, and the Panagarh bypass, Sen said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?