Expelled La Martiniere student yet to be re-admitted
Kolkata: A Class 4 student expelled from the La Martiniere for Boys school for not complying with his teacher`s demand for a laptop is yet to be taken back into the school, despite the Calcutta High Court`s order.
"The court gave the order Oct 4 that my son Srijan (Banerjee) be taken back into school and promoted to Class 5 but the school authorities are yet to act. I have repeatedly informed them about the court order but they are not ready to take back my child," Srijan`s father Partha Pratim Banerjee said.
"They are trying to delay the procedure by making lame excuses. Actually, they have become vindictive because I have filed a police complaint against the teacher," Banerjee said.
Earlier this year, Sanjay Smart, one of the teachers at the school, demanded a laptop from Srijan`s parents to promote him to a higher class. When Srijan`s parents refused, Smart didn`t promote Srijan to Class 5 and expelled him from the school.
Later, Srijan`s parents filed a police complaint and Smart was arrested.
Meanwhile, the school authorities say they have moved the Supreme Court.
"We have already moved the Supreme Court against the (high court) order," said Supriyo Dhar, secretary of the school.
The 175-year-old school landed itself into a serious controversy when a Class 7 student, Rouvanjit Rowla, hanged himself days after he was caned by the school`s principal and mentally harassed by3 teachers. The four were arrested Oct 4 for Rowla`s suicide Feb 12. The four were given bail the same day. They now face trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday