Expelled La Martiniere student yet to be re-admitted
Kolkata: A Class 4 student expelled from the La Martiniere for Boys school for not complying with his teacher`s demand for a laptop is yet to be taken back into the school, despite the Calcutta High Court`s order.
"The court gave the order Oct 4 that my son Srijan (Banerjee) be taken back into school and promoted to Class 5 but the school authorities are yet to act. I have repeatedly informed them about the court order but they are not ready to take back my child," Srijan`s father Partha Pratim Banerjee said.
"They are trying to delay the procedure by making lame excuses. Actually, they have become vindictive because I have filed a police complaint against the teacher," Banerjee said.
Earlier this year, Sanjay Smart, one of the teachers at the school, demanded a laptop from Srijan`s parents to promote him to a higher class. When Srijan`s parents refused, Smart didn`t promote Srijan to Class 5 and expelled him from the school.
Later, Srijan`s parents filed a police complaint and Smart was arrested.
Meanwhile, the school authorities say they have moved the Supreme Court.
"We have already moved the Supreme Court against the (high court) order," said Supriyo Dhar, secretary of the school.
The 175-year-old school landed itself into a serious controversy when a Class 7 student, Rouvanjit Rowla, hanged himself days after he was caned by the school`s principal and mentally harassed by3 teachers. The four were arrested Oct 4 for Rowla`s suicide Feb 12. The four were given bail the same day. They now face trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter