Explosive-laden vehicle seized in Durgapur
Kolkata: Ahead of the Republic Day celebrations in West Bengal, a vehicle laden with explosives and bearing Chhatisgarh registration number was seized in Durgapur area of Burdwan district on Thursday.
The MUV packed with detonators and gelatine sticks was intercepted at Muchipara area at Indo-American More under Durgapur area by a Kolkata police team.
On verification, the registration number of Chhatisgarh was found to be fake.
A Kolkata Police team was leaving for other states to verify the origin of the vehicle, which was found parked on NH 2 with no occupants for whom a manhunt was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair