Explosive-laden vehicle seized in Durgapur
Kolkata: Ahead of the Republic Day celebrations in West Bengal, a vehicle laden with explosives and bearing Chhatisgarh registration number was seized in Durgapur area of Burdwan district on Thursday.
The MUV packed with detonators and gelatine sticks was intercepted at Muchipara area at Indo-American More under Durgapur area by a Kolkata police team.
On verification, the registration number of Chhatisgarh was found to be fake.
A Kolkata Police team was leaving for other states to verify the origin of the vehicle, which was found parked on NH 2 with no occupants for whom a manhunt was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur