Explosives, landmines seized from Maoist-hit area
Midnapore (WB): Explosives, landmines,
detonators, other material needed to make landmines and
Maoist posters were seized on Wednesday from Kanyabali jungle at
Salbani in West Midnapore district.
The police and joint forces raided the area after
getting information from two surrendered Maoist guerrillas
Chiranjit Mahato and his wife Anima Mahato.
The security personnel seized 11 landmines, 10 kg of
explosives, several detonators, Maoist posters and leaflets
and other material needed to make landmines.
Nobody was arrested following the raid, the sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India