Explosives, landmines seized from Maoist-hit area
Midnapore (WB): Explosives, landmines,
detonators, other material needed to make landmines and
Maoist posters were seized on Wednesday from Kanyabali jungle at
Salbani in West Midnapore district.
The police and joint forces raided the area after
getting information from two surrendered Maoist guerrillas
Chiranjit Mahato and his wife Anima Mahato.
The security personnel seized 11 landmines, 10 kg of
explosives, several detonators, Maoist posters and leaflets
and other material needed to make landmines.
Nobody was arrested following the raid, the sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars