Explosives, landmines seized from Maoist-hit area
Midnapore (WB): Explosives, landmines,
detonators, other material needed to make landmines and
Maoist posters were seized on Wednesday from Kanyabali jungle at
Salbani in West Midnapore district.
The police and joint forces raided the area after
getting information from two surrendered Maoist guerrillas
Chiranjit Mahato and his wife Anima Mahato.
The security personnel seized 11 landmines, 10 kg of
explosives, several detonators, Maoist posters and leaflets
and other material needed to make landmines.
Nobody was arrested following the raid, the sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video