Explosives, landmines seized from Maoist-hit area
Midnapore (WB): Explosives, landmines,
detonators, other material needed to make landmines and
Maoist posters were seized on Wednesday from Kanyabali jungle at
Salbani in West Midnapore district.
The police and joint forces raided the area after
getting information from two surrendered Maoist guerrillas
Chiranjit Mahato and his wife Anima Mahato.
The security personnel seized 11 landmines, 10 kg of
explosives, several detonators, Maoist posters and leaflets
and other material needed to make landmines.
Nobody was arrested following the raid, the sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video