Fair price diagnostic centres in West Bengal
Kolkata: After the opening of the hugely popular fair price medicine shops, the West Bengal government plans to open similar diagnostic centres where services will be offered for as low as Rs 500.
"We are planing to build fair price diagnostics centres. MRI, CT scan, blood tests and other tests cost Rs 2000-3000 at private diagnostic centres. You can get these tests done for just Rs 500," Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee told a function on International Women`s Day today.
Banerjee also said that all women police stations were being established.
"We are setting up 45 all women police stations in the state. Of them 10 all women police stations have already started functioning," Banerjee said.
Banerjee also spoke about her spartan lifestyle and said that she neither took the salary of the chief minister nor pension as a former MP.
"I lead a very simple lifestyle. I neither take pension as former MP nor my salary as chief minister. I don`t take any benefit as chief minister. This is not a credit, it is because my needs are less. I believe in simple living as I know that I have a house to sleep in," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`