Fair price diagnostic centres in West Bengal
Kolkata: After the opening of the hugely popular fair price medicine shops, the West Bengal government plans to open similar diagnostic centres where services will be offered for as low as Rs 500.
"We are planing to build fair price diagnostics centres. MRI, CT scan, blood tests and other tests cost Rs 2000-3000 at private diagnostic centres. You can get these tests done for just Rs 500," Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee told a function on International Women`s Day today.
Banerjee also said that all women police stations were being established.
"We are setting up 45 all women police stations in the state. Of them 10 all women police stations have already started functioning," Banerjee said.
Banerjee also spoke about her spartan lifestyle and said that she neither took the salary of the chief minister nor pension as a former MP.
"I lead a very simple lifestyle. I neither take pension as former MP nor my salary as chief minister. I don`t take any benefit as chief minister. This is not a credit, it is because my needs are less. I believe in simple living as I know that I have a house to sleep in," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...