Fake currency with a face value of Rs 16 lakh seized in Malda
Malda: Fake currency having a face value of Rupees 16 lakh have been seized by the police and BSF personnel in separate operations in Malda district since Sunday.
BSF sources said during night patrolling at Charianantapur area on Sunday night, the border guards saw a bundle of fake notes, all of Rupees 500 denomination having a face value of Rupees six lakh, being flung fromm across the barbed wire fencing.
The identity of the person could not be established, they said.
The fake currency was handed over to Kaliachak police station.
In a separate incident, the police spotted two persons, including a woman, moving around suspiciously at Baliadanga More area yesterday.
They conducted a search and recovered fake currency having a face value of Rupee ten lakh from their possession.
Both the persons were arrested, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire