Fake currency with a face value of Rs 16 lakh seized in Malda
Malda: Fake currency having a face value of Rupees 16 lakh have been seized by the police and BSF personnel in separate operations in Malda district since Sunday.
BSF sources said during night patrolling at Charianantapur area on Sunday night, the border guards saw a bundle of fake notes, all of Rupees 500 denomination having a face value of Rupees six lakh, being flung fromm across the barbed wire fencing.
The identity of the person could not be established, they said.
The fake currency was handed over to Kaliachak police station.
In a separate incident, the police spotted two persons, including a woman, moving around suspiciously at Baliadanga More area yesterday.
They conducted a search and recovered fake currency having a face value of Rupee ten lakh from their possession.
Both the persons were arrested, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone