False cases will be withdrawn if TC wins: Mamata
Canning (WB): Trinamool Congress chief
Mamata Banerjee on Friday alleged that the CPI-M had filed
hundreds of false cases and even tried to kill her once.
``Hundreds and thousands of false cases were
registered against many by CPI(M) in the last 34 years to
perpetuate its rule. They even took a chance to kill me in the
past,`` Banerjee said at an election meeting here in South 24
She said that if voted to power TC would withdraw all
false cases lodged by the Left Front government in its over
three decade-long rule in West Bengal.
Alleging that CPI(M) banked on `lies and deception`,
she said claimed that `a wave of change` was sweeping the
state. ``It is my firm conviction that a transition will take
place this time and the people will ignore all terror
She exhorted voters to `fearlessly` exercise their
franchise and said ``Many people could not vote in the recent
past due to CPI(M) terror in these areas...Don`t panic.
Remember that CPI(M)`s days are numbered.``
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city