False cases will be withdrawn if TC wins: Mamata
Canning (WB): Trinamool Congress chief
Mamata Banerjee on Friday alleged that the CPI-M had filed
hundreds of false cases and even tried to kill her once.
``Hundreds and thousands of false cases were
registered against many by CPI(M) in the last 34 years to
perpetuate its rule. They even took a chance to kill me in the
past,`` Banerjee said at an election meeting here in South 24
She said that if voted to power TC would withdraw all
false cases lodged by the Left Front government in its over
three decade-long rule in West Bengal.
Alleging that CPI(M) banked on `lies and deception`,
she said claimed that `a wave of change` was sweeping the
state. ``It is my firm conviction that a transition will take
place this time and the people will ignore all terror
She exhorted voters to `fearlessly` exercise their
franchise and said ``Many people could not vote in the recent
past due to CPI(M) terror in these areas...Don`t panic.
Remember that CPI(M)`s days are numbered.``
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Minor gang-raped in UP's Etah
- Three drowned as car plunges into canal in UP
- After clinching historic silver medal, here's what PV Sindhu was allowed to do by coach Pullela Gopichand
- Welspun India hires Ernst & Young to probe US export lapses
- BIZARRE PUNISHMENT! Kim Jong-Un to make North Korean athletes, who could not win medals in Rio Olympics, work in coal mines?