Family feud leads to acid attack on woman WB
Howrah (WB): A 40-year-old man has been detained for allegedly throwing acid on a woman here, police said.
Pappu Singh threw acid on the 30-year-old woman, who is his neighbour, while she was returning home from a market yesterday evening, they said.
Police suspected that this is the result of a family feud between Singh and the woman.
The woman, seriously injured, was admitted to the Howrah district hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details