Family takes police help to cremate body of son in WB
Midnapore (WB): The police and the local administration on Tuesday helped a family to cremate their son who had died on Saturday as the villagers were not allowing them to cremate him in West Midnapore district, official sources said.
According to sources Khudiram Kisku (45) of Moupal village under Salboni police station died in the primary health centre on Saturday last. The doctors said he died of tuberculosis.
When the family of Kisku were taking his body to the cremation ground the villagers did not allowed them to cremate him demanding that his mother Swarnamoyee Kisku (65) be handed over to them alleging that she practised witchcraft, the sources said.
The villagers said that three persons had died in the village in the last six month due to the witchcraft practised by Swarnamoyee.
Today the police and the local administration helped the family to cremate the body of Khudiram Kisku, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj