Farmers` suicide in WB unfortunate: Guv
Kolkata: Incidences of farmers` suicide in
the state was unfortunate and a way has to be found to prevent
their recurrence, West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan said
"Farmers` suicide is an issue engaging the attention of
both the Centre and the state government. Such incidents are
unfortunately taking place ... We have to find a way to ensure
that this does not happen," he told reporters on the sidelines
of an event to mark the 116th birth anniversary of Netaji
Subhas Chandra Bose.
"Many of them I suppose were deeply in debt. You have to
ask Jairam Ramesh what can be done about this because he is
in-charge of rural programmes," he said.
On crib deaths in the state`s government hospitals, he
said there was no "belittling" of the issue. "I know the state
government is deeply concerned and the chief minister is
personally looking into it".
"We need to improve the facilities and that is something
which cannot be changed overnight ... I am not trying to put
the blame on A or B or C. But clearly we need to better our
facilities and efforts are being made. The quicker the results
the better," the Governor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Assam CM-designate Sarbananda Sonowal thanks PM Narendra Modi on being elected as BJP legislature leader
- Congress backs Raghuram Rajan, says India ''going through a bad shape''
- Non-bailable warrant against BJP MP Manoj Tiwari, four others
- Bid rivals set to join forces for Tata Steel UK buyout: Report
- PM Narendra Modi calls for country to move towards cashless society