Farmers` suicide in WB unfortunate: Guv
Kolkata: Incidences of farmers` suicide in
the state was unfortunate and a way has to be found to prevent
their recurrence, West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan said
"Farmers` suicide is an issue engaging the attention of
both the Centre and the state government. Such incidents are
unfortunately taking place ... We have to find a way to ensure
that this does not happen," he told reporters on the sidelines
of an event to mark the 116th birth anniversary of Netaji
Subhas Chandra Bose.
"Many of them I suppose were deeply in debt. You have to
ask Jairam Ramesh what can be done about this because he is
in-charge of rural programmes," he said.
On crib deaths in the state`s government hospitals, he
said there was no "belittling" of the issue. "I know the state
government is deeply concerned and the chief minister is
personally looking into it".
"We need to improve the facilities and that is something
which cannot be changed overnight ... I am not trying to put
the blame on A or B or C. But clearly we need to better our
facilities and efforts are being made. The quicker the results
the better," the Governor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted