FB urges Mamata to restore `rule of law in WB`
Kolkata: Forward Bloc on Saturday alleged lawlessness in West Bengal with ``forces of anarchy`` active and urged Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to restore rule of law immediately.
Alleging that some Trinamool Congress-backed people attacked Forward Bloc candidates during filing of nomination for a school governing body election at Sitai in Coochbehar district today, the party`s state General Secretary Ashok Ghosh said that four of his party activists were injured in the incident.
``There have been instances when Trinamool workers have been holding out open threats to our party activists. Today`s incident happened in the presence of the police and I am afraid that our party MP Nripen Roy may be attacked by Trinmool Congress people any day``, Ghosh said.
``Democratic people of the state will not bow their head to the forces of anarchy and I would like to request the chief minister to immediately restore rule of law and punish the offenders``, the octogenarian Forward Bloc leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mario Miranda’s 90th birthday: Google honours cartoonist with an illustrative doodle!
- Planning to go trekking? Head to Uttarakhand – Here’s something new
- Arvind Kejriwal to visit Uttar Pradesh today
- Massive post poll violence in Malda, 4 TMC workers dead; Congress attacked them with bombs?
- Indian Premier League 9: More trouble for Rising Pune Supergiants as in-form Steve Smith flies back home due to wrist injury