FB urges Mamata to restore `rule of law in WB`
Kolkata: Forward Bloc on Saturday alleged lawlessness in West Bengal with ``forces of anarchy`` active and urged Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to restore rule of law immediately.
Alleging that some Trinamool Congress-backed people attacked Forward Bloc candidates during filing of nomination for a school governing body election at Sitai in Coochbehar district today, the party`s state General Secretary Ashok Ghosh said that four of his party activists were injured in the incident.
``There have been instances when Trinamool workers have been holding out open threats to our party activists. Today`s incident happened in the presence of the police and I am afraid that our party MP Nripen Roy may be attacked by Trinmool Congress people any day``, Ghosh said.
``Democratic people of the state will not bow their head to the forces of anarchy and I would like to request the chief minister to immediately restore rule of law and punish the offenders``, the octogenarian Forward Bloc leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you