FB urges Mamata to restore `rule of law in WB`
Kolkata: Forward Bloc on Saturday alleged lawlessness in West Bengal with ``forces of anarchy`` active and urged Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to restore rule of law immediately.
Alleging that some Trinamool Congress-backed people attacked Forward Bloc candidates during filing of nomination for a school governing body election at Sitai in Coochbehar district today, the party`s state General Secretary Ashok Ghosh said that four of his party activists were injured in the incident.
``There have been instances when Trinamool workers have been holding out open threats to our party activists. Today`s incident happened in the presence of the police and I am afraid that our party MP Nripen Roy may be attacked by Trinmool Congress people any day``, Ghosh said.
``Democratic people of the state will not bow their head to the forces of anarchy and I would like to request the chief minister to immediately restore rule of law and punish the offenders``, the octogenarian Forward Bloc leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4