FB urges Mamata to restore `rule of law in WB`
Kolkata: Forward Bloc on Saturday alleged lawlessness in West Bengal with ``forces of anarchy`` active and urged Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to restore rule of law immediately.
Alleging that some Trinamool Congress-backed people attacked Forward Bloc candidates during filing of nomination for a school governing body election at Sitai in Coochbehar district today, the party`s state General Secretary Ashok Ghosh said that four of his party activists were injured in the incident.
``There have been instances when Trinamool workers have been holding out open threats to our party activists. Today`s incident happened in the presence of the police and I am afraid that our party MP Nripen Roy may be attacked by Trinmool Congress people any day``, Ghosh said.
``Democratic people of the state will not bow their head to the forces of anarchy and I would like to request the chief minister to immediately restore rule of law and punish the offenders``, the octogenarian Forward Bloc leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30
- 92 paise insurance premium for train travellers from August 31
- Saina Nehwal drops four places to be no.9, status quo for PV Sindhu