FIR against Arabul by CPI-M for Bamunghata violenc
Bhangor(WB): FIR has been filed against 15 members of Trinamool Congress, including South 24 Parganas leader Arabul Islam by CPI-M in connection with the violence at Bamunghata here on January 8 that left a number of workers of both parties injured.
The FIR was filed at the Kolkata Leather Complex police station by the counsel of CPI-M worker Hashem Mollah of Bhangor who was injured in the violence, police said.
Besides Arabul, who is an ex MLA of TMC, FIRs were also filed against Mohidul Islam, vice-president of Bhangor II panchyat and block-level leaders Mominul Islam and Pradeep Mondol, the police said.
Workers of both parties were injured in the violence, including one who received gun shot, while 10 vehicles were damaged and torched.
Arabul, who had alleged that his car was fired at allegedly by Marxist workers as a result of which he fell off and was subsequently rescued by party workers during the violence, has already filed FIRs against 400 CPI-M workers.
Among those against who he had filed the FIR are CPI-M district committee members Tushar Ghosh, Prafulla Mondol, Udayan Mondol and Sattar Mollah.
FIR had been earlier filed on January 6 by CPI-M against Arabul accusing him of leading the attack against CPI(M) leader and former minister Rezzak Mollah during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience