FIR filed against TMC MP, Sudipta Sen, 6 others
Kolkata: An FIR has been filed against Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha MP Kunal Ghosh, Saradha Group chairman Sudipta Sen and six others for non-payment of salaries to employees of a television channel run by the chit-fund company.
The FIR was filed last night at the Park Street police station by 21 employees of Channel 10 stating that they were not paid salaries by the company which also did not deposit their provident fund dues, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Pallab Kanti Ghosh said on Friday.
Asked whether the MP would be arrested, Ghosh said, "We have started the investigation. Whatever is needed for the sake of investigation will be done."
The TMC MP, on his part, said that he was only an employee with responsibility for editorial content of the channel. "I`m ready to face any investigation.
"I was not the owner. Finance and accounts were not under me. I did not have cheque signing authority. Attempts are being made to tarnish my image," Ghosh, who was the Saradha group media CEO, said.
He said that Sudipta Sen, the Saradha Group chairman, was the owner of Channel 10.
Ghosh said that in a six page letter to the party`s `top
leadership` he has written "I am ready to face and co-operate with any investigation.
"I am not connected with the Saradha`s money market activities. I am ready to resign as a Rajya Sabha member if investigation revealed (complicity in the scam)," he said.
He said that he had joined the media unit of the Saradha Group before joining the TMC.
"I joined the Saradha media group in September, 2010 and became member of TMC and MP in March 2012. So please disassociate me and my party in this," Ghosh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed