Fire at Writers' Buildings in Kolkata
Kolkata: A fire broke out at the heritage Writers' Buildings here Saturday and three fire tenders were rushed to put out the blaze, an official said.
"The fire out broke out inside the transport department office at around 12 noon. Three fire tenders were pressed into service which doused the flame," said a fire service official.
"Prima facie it appears the fire was caused by an electrical short circuit," the official added.
No casualty or injuries were reported.
The centuries old Writers Buildings which traditionally housed the state secretariat has been closed for renovations and the offices have temporarily shifted to HRBC building in the neighbouring Howrah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad