Fire breaks out in Kolkata hospital
Kolkata: Fire broke out in the maternity ward of state-run Medical College and Hospital here, but there was no injury.
Fire brigade sources said the smoke came out from an AC and the fire may have been caused by a short-circuit.
The fire broke out at 10.20 pm. Two fire tenders brought it under control within 15 minutes.
Several women, carrying their newborns, rushed out of the ward in panic after seeing the smoke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh
- Stem Cell treatment is effective in recovery of spinal injuries