Fire breaks out in Kolkata hospital
Kolkata: Fire broke out in the maternity ward of state-run Medical College and Hospital here, but there was no injury.
Fire brigade sources said the smoke came out from an AC and the fire may have been caused by a short-circuit.
The fire broke out at 10.20 pm. Two fire tenders brought it under control within 15 minutes.
Several women, carrying their newborns, rushed out of the ward in panic after seeing the smoke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!