Fire breaks out in Kolkata hospital
Kolkata: Fire broke out in the maternity ward of state-run Medical College and Hospital here, but there was no injury.
Fire brigade sources said the smoke came out from an AC and the fire may have been caused by a short-circuit.
The fire broke out at 10.20 pm. Two fire tenders brought it under control within 15 minutes.
Several women, carrying their newborns, rushed out of the ward in panic after seeing the smoke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet