Fire damages medical college OT
Siliguri: A fire erupting from a
short-circuit today engulfed an operation theatre at North
Bengal Medical College and Hospital here, causing panic among
The fire that broke out in the operation theatre of
emergency ward of the hospital this noon destroyed all
equipment and apparatus, Superintendent of the medical college
Dr Samir Ghosh Roy said.
The patients from the emergency ward were immediately
Apparently the fire was sparked off from an electrical
short-circuit but it is being investigated whether any
negligence on part of hospital workers were behind the
fire, he said.
Fire services department official G Toppo claimed the
medical college had taken hardly any measures to prevent fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!
- Not just cash transactions, IT officials also tracking Facebook posts for foreign tour photos!
- Denmark bags Europe's maiden Thomas Cup title