Fire damages medical college OT
Siliguri: A fire erupting from a
short-circuit today engulfed an operation theatre at North
Bengal Medical College and Hospital here, causing panic among
The fire that broke out in the operation theatre of
emergency ward of the hospital this noon destroyed all
equipment and apparatus, Superintendent of the medical college
Dr Samir Ghosh Roy said.
The patients from the emergency ward were immediately
Apparently the fire was sparked off from an electrical
short-circuit but it is being investigated whether any
negligence on part of hospital workers were behind the
fire, he said.
Fire services department official G Toppo claimed the
medical college had taken hardly any measures to prevent fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'