Siliguri: A fire erupting from a
short-circuit today engulfed an operation theatre at North
Bengal Medical College and Hospital here, causing panic among
The fire that broke out in the operation theatre of
emergency ward of the hospital this noon destroyed all
equipment and apparatus, Superintendent of the medical college
Dr Samir Ghosh Roy said.
The patients from the emergency ward were immediately
Apparently the fire was sparked off from an electrical
short-circuit but it is being investigated whether any
negligence on part of hospital workers were behind the
fire, he said.
Fire services department official G Toppo claimed the
medical college had taken hardly any measures to prevent fire.