Fire in Burdwan market in West Bengal
Burdwan (WB): A major fire broke out at a
market in the heart of this headquarter town of Burdwan district on Monday, fire brigade sources said.
The fire was spotted at about 10.30 am in the four-storied Central Market near Tinkonia bus stand on the Grand Trunk Road.
However, no casualty or injury was reported, the sources said.
Four fire tenders were trying to control the blaze which was originated probably from a godown of sports goods at the ground floor.
Personnel of the civil defence and the police have cordoned off the area which was engulfed by thick smoke.
Locals, who complained that the fire brigade people arrived late, tried to block District Magistrate Omkar Singh Meena`s vehicle but he controlled the situation quickly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP