Fire in Burdwan market in West Bengal
Burdwan (WB): A major fire broke out at a
market in the heart of this headquarter town of Burdwan district on Monday, fire brigade sources said.
The fire was spotted at about 10.30 am in the four-storied Central Market near Tinkonia bus stand on the Grand Trunk Road.
However, no casualty or injury was reported, the sources said.
Four fire tenders were trying to control the blaze which was originated probably from a godown of sports goods at the ground floor.
Personnel of the civil defence and the police have cordoned off the area which was engulfed by thick smoke.
Locals, who complained that the fire brigade people arrived late, tried to block District Magistrate Omkar Singh Meena`s vehicle but he controlled the situation quickly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head