Fire in Burdwan market in West Bengal
Burdwan (WB): A major fire broke out at a
market in the heart of this headquarter town of Burdwan district on Monday, fire brigade sources said.
The fire was spotted at about 10.30 am in the four-storied Central Market near Tinkonia bus stand on the Grand Trunk Road.
However, no casualty or injury was reported, the sources said.
Four fire tenders were trying to control the blaze which was originated probably from a godown of sports goods at the ground floor.
Personnel of the civil defence and the police have cordoned off the area which was engulfed by thick smoke.
Locals, who complained that the fire brigade people arrived late, tried to block District Magistrate Omkar Singh Meena`s vehicle but he controlled the situation quickly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country