Fire in Burdwan market in West Bengal
Burdwan (WB): A major fire broke out at a
market in the heart of this headquarter town of Burdwan district on Monday, fire brigade sources said.
The fire was spotted at about 10.30 am in the four-storied Central Market near Tinkonia bus stand on the Grand Trunk Road.
However, no casualty or injury was reported, the sources said.
Four fire tenders were trying to control the blaze which was originated probably from a godown of sports goods at the ground floor.
Personnel of the civil defence and the police have cordoned off the area which was engulfed by thick smoke.
Locals, who complained that the fire brigade people arrived late, tried to block District Magistrate Omkar Singh Meena`s vehicle but he controlled the situation quickly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui