Fire in Burdwan market in West Bengal
Burdwan (WB): A major fire broke out at a
market in the heart of this headquarter town of Burdwan district on Monday, fire brigade sources said.
The fire was spotted at about 10.30 am in the four-storied Central Market near Tinkonia bus stand on the Grand Trunk Road.
However, no casualty or injury was reported, the sources said.
Four fire tenders were trying to control the blaze which was originated probably from a godown of sports goods at the ground floor.
Personnel of the civil defence and the police have cordoned off the area which was engulfed by thick smoke.
Locals, who complained that the fire brigade people arrived late, tried to block District Magistrate Omkar Singh Meena`s vehicle but he controlled the situation quickly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan