Fire in Kolkata godowns, eight injured
Kolkata: Eight persons received burn injuries when a fire broke out in two godowns in North Kolkata`s Cossipore area on Sunday.
The injured were admitted to state-run R G Kar medical college and hospital.
14 fire tenders were engaged to fight the blaze which was brought under control after midnight.
A disaster management team of Kolkata police joined the firemen in fighting the blaze which swept through two godowns at 10 pm and doused after about two hours.
Police cordoned off the entire area to keep the onlookers at bay as the cause of fire and extent of damage fire was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state