Fire in Kolkata godowns, eight injured
Kolkata: Eight persons received burn injuries when a fire broke out in two godowns in North Kolkata`s Cossipore area on Sunday.
The injured were admitted to state-run R G Kar medical college and hospital.
14 fire tenders were engaged to fight the blaze which was brought under control after midnight.
A disaster management team of Kolkata police joined the firemen in fighting the blaze which swept through two godowns at 10 pm and doused after about two hours.
Police cordoned off the entire area to keep the onlookers at bay as the cause of fire and extent of damage fire was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Cabinet gives nod to revised Indo-Cyprus DTAA
- AAP dares rebel leader Dharamvira Gandhi to resign as MP
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price