Fire in Kolkata godowns, eight injured
Kolkata: Eight persons received burn injuries when a fire broke out in two godowns in North Kolkata`s Cossipore area on Sunday.
The injured were admitted to state-run R G Kar medical college and hospital.
14 fire tenders were engaged to fight the blaze which was brought under control after midnight.
A disaster management team of Kolkata police joined the firemen in fighting the blaze which swept through two godowns at 10 pm and doused after about two hours.
Police cordoned off the entire area to keep the onlookers at bay as the cause of fire and extent of damage fire was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket