Fire in Meitiabruz building, 4 rushed to hospital
Kolkata: A fire broke out in a three-storey residential-cum-manufacturing building in Metiabruz area of the city Wednesday, injuring four persons.
Around 2.10 am, the fire engulfed the second floor of the building which housed a cloth manufacturing unit at Haji Ratan Lane in the Metiabruz area.
"We had rescued three people in a conscious state and one with severe burn injuries and rushed them to the SSKM Hospital," a fire station official said.
Fire officials said that they would soon investigate the cause and extent of the fire, including damage to property.
The fire has been put off by now, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report