Fire in Meitiabruz building, 4 rushed to hospital
Kolkata: A fire broke out in a three-storey residential-cum-manufacturing building in Metiabruz area of the city Wednesday, injuring four persons.
Around 2.10 am, the fire engulfed the second floor of the building which housed a cloth manufacturing unit at Haji Ratan Lane in the Metiabruz area.
"We had rescued three people in a conscious state and one with severe burn injuries and rushed them to the SSKM Hospital," a fire station official said.
Fire officials said that they would soon investigate the cause and extent of the fire, including damage to property.
The fire has been put off by now, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani