Fire in multi-storey building in Kolkata, rescue work on
Kolkata: Fire broke out in the 15th floor of the landmark Chatterjee International building near Park Street in the heart of the city early Tuesday morning, the police said.
Four fire tenders have already rushed to the spot along with two hydraulic ladders to rescue any trapped person, fire brigade said.
Since the fire broke out before the office hours, the police said the possibility of any person being trapped in the building, which houses many private and government offices, is less.
The area has been cordoned off to conduct the firefighting operations in the busy area.
There is no news of any injury or casualty. The cause of fire or extent of damage was yet to be ascertained, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'