close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Fire in Stephen House

A fire broke out at a branch of the Allahabad Bank in the century-old Stephen House here on Sunday.



Kolkata: A fire broke out at a branch of the
Allahabad Bank in the century-old Stephen House here on Sunday.

The fire erupted on the ground floor of the building in B
B D Bag area. However, no one was injured in the incident,
fire brigade officials said.

Six fire tenders were rushed to the spot which took
nearly an hour to control the flames.

According to fire brigade sources, a preliminary
investigation has revealed that the fire broke out from the
air-conditioning machine.

On March 23, a devastating fire had destroyed the top
three floors of the landmark Stephen Court building on Park
Street, in which 43 people had perished.

PTI

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions