First AC bus stop in Kolkata to open next week
Kolkata: Residents of this eastern metropolis will get a breather in the sweltering heat at Kolkata`s first air-conditioned bus stop, slated to be inaugurated next week, a municipal official said Friday.
The Lake Town bus stop, a glass-encased structure with seating arrangements, under the South Dum Dum municipality in the north-eastern fringes of Kolkata, will become functional early next week, municipality vice chairman Sujit Bose said.
He said the new bus stand will have security measures for women and will be shut after buses stop plying on the route at night.
"We will have to look after maintenance properly... this will be replicated in other parts of the city later," said Bose, who is also a legislator.
With the Met officials forecasting a relative humidity of 85 to 89 percent in the next two days, the new bus stop seems to be well-timed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read