First ever administrative calendar released in Bengal
Kolkata: West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan on Thursday released the first ever administrative calender at the relocated state secretariat at Nabanna in adjoining Howrah district, with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee saying it was a red letter day.
The administrative calendar is a charter of work proposed to be executed by the government in each district with a targeted completion date.
The Governor, in his speech, said that his visit had two remarkable distinctions -- the first by a Governor to visit the state secretariat and the first administrative calender in the country.
"Normally a Governor visits a state secretariat only when there is a President rule," he said.
Praising the launch of the administrative calender the Governor said, this was a revolutionary step by the state government in just two and half years of rule.
Stating that civil servants in Bengal were among the finest in the country, he said it was an innovative idea to bring transparency and monitor government work.
Narayanan also appreciated the state government`s steps toward development work like all women police stations, no to bandh and lock-outs, e-governance, land bank, fair price diagnostics and medicine shops.
After the release of the administrative calender, the chief minister escorted him to her office on the 14th floor, where he had tea with her.
Earlier, Banerjee said "Today is the red letter day. I am grateful for the august presence of the governor. This is the first time for an elected government that the honourable governor has come to us."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal