‘First priority rescue of rail mishap victims’
Kolkata: Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi
tonight said the first priority was rescue of the victims of
the rail mishap involving Guwahati-Bangalore Express and
Azimganj-Malda passenger train.
"Our first priority is to rescue victims and our
second priority is to restore normal traffic. We will also
see that the stranded passengers are put up at a hotel, given
food and made to feel comfortable," Trivedi told newsmen.
Stating that one body was recovered from the site, the
Railway Minister said that it had no connection with the
He said that Eastern Railway general manager Varun
Bhartuhar and senior railway officials have left for the spot.
"It is to be seen that there is no derailment. I can
assure you that such things will not be tolerated," Trivedi
Asked whether he would make a statement on the
accident in Parliament which is beginning its monsoon session
tomorrow, Trivedi said the inquiry report of the accident
would be placed before the House.
"The members can ask questions, bring calling
attention motions. I am prepared for the answers," he said.
In a reply to a media query, Trivedi said he had not
yet received the enquiry report on the Kalka Mail accident in
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was also
sending a relief team to the accident site, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price