Five BESU students suspended for ragging
Howrah: Five students of Bengal Engineering and Science University (BESU) were on Tuesday suspended from the university and hostel for one year for allegedly ragging a first year engineering student.
Another student was also suspended from the hostel for one year, BESU vice-chancellor Ajay Ray told a press conference here.
All the students were of the Mettalurgical Department.
The decision was taken after the recommendations of a committee headed by Prof Aditya Banerjee, set up to probe a charge of ragging, he said.
A first year student of the Metallurgical department was ragged by some second year students on August 22 last.
The senior students took the first year student to their hostel on the evening of August 22 and had ragged him, the VC said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive