Five junior doctors arrested in WB
Kolkata: Five junior doctors were arrested at the city`s premier SSKM hospital for allegedly assaulting relatives of patients after denying them admission, police said Monday.
Cases have been registered under two non-bailable sections of the IPC against the junior doctors of the state-run SSKM hospital late last night after they allegedly assaulted relatives of a few patients, who were denied admission in the emergency wards and other casualty wards on the third day of the doctors’ stop work.
The authorities of SSKM has called an emergency meeting to review the situation arising out of the medicos ceasework that severely affected hospital services, inconveniencing hundreds of patients.
The medicos strike, which spread to National Medical College and Hospital another state-run hospital, has been continuing without any sign of settlement in sight.
The medicos went on a lightning strike and ceased work four days ago demanding security after one of the colleagues was assaulted by a patient party after the patient died due to alleged negligence.
State health secretary has called an emergency meeting of the heads of medical colleges in the city to discuss measures to increase security of junior doctors and other
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly