Five junior doctors arrested in WB
Kolkata: Five junior doctors were arrested at the city`s premier SSKM hospital for allegedly assaulting relatives of patients after denying them admission, police said Monday.
Cases have been registered under two non-bailable sections of the IPC against the junior doctors of the state-run SSKM hospital late last night after they allegedly assaulted relatives of a few patients, who were denied admission in the emergency wards and other casualty wards on the third day of the doctors’ stop work.
The authorities of SSKM has called an emergency meeting to review the situation arising out of the medicos ceasework that severely affected hospital services, inconveniencing hundreds of patients.
The medicos strike, which spread to National Medical College and Hospital another state-run hospital, has been continuing without any sign of settlement in sight.
The medicos went on a lightning strike and ceased work four days ago demanding security after one of the colleagues was assaulted by a patient party after the patient died due to alleged negligence.
State health secretary has called an emergency meeting of the heads of medical colleges in the city to discuss measures to increase security of junior doctors and other
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand