Five more babies die in Malda hospital, toll 40
Malda (WB): Five more babies died at West
Bengal government-run Malda Sadar Hospital, taking the toll to
40 in the last 10 days, officials said.
Hospital authorities said four of the infants, which died
since last night, were less than 15 days old.
Almost all the babies were born underweight and suffered
from broncho pneumonia and were brought from interior areas of
Malda district, the officials said.
The hospital authorities said an average 60 sick babies
were admitted daily and their total number exceeded the
capacity by three times.
They said to cope with the situation, the number of beds,
doctors and nurses were being increased in the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state