Five Pak nationals held
Serampore: Five Pakistani nationals were arrested by the CID from Titagarh in North 24-Parganas district for overstaying in the country under the Foreigners Act, the police said.
The Pakistani nationals, all members of a family from Islamabad, were arrested on Sunday for staying well after the expiry of their visa period and were produced in a court on Monday.
The court remanded Shahazahan (mother) and Ishrat (daughter) to seven days` police custody and Nawab Khan (father), Amir Khan (son) and Ajra (son) to 14 days` judicial custody.
"The family was putting up in a house at Rishra in Hooghly district after their arrival from Islamabad on April 15, 2011," the police said.
They later shifted to the house of Osman Ghani at Titagarh in North 24-Parganas district .
According to the police, a local councillor of Titagarh municipality gave them residential certificate and they also opened bank accounts in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray