Five Pak nationals held
Serampore: Five Pakistani nationals were arrested by the CID from Titagarh in North 24-Parganas district for overstaying in the country under the Foreigners Act, the police said.
The Pakistani nationals, all members of a family from Islamabad, were arrested on Sunday for staying well after the expiry of their visa period and were produced in a court on Monday.
The court remanded Shahazahan (mother) and Ishrat (daughter) to seven days` police custody and Nawab Khan (father), Amir Khan (son) and Ajra (son) to 14 days` judicial custody.
"The family was putting up in a house at Rishra in Hooghly district after their arrival from Islamabad on April 15, 2011," the police said.
They later shifted to the house of Osman Ghani at Titagarh in North 24-Parganas district .
According to the police, a local councillor of Titagarh municipality gave them residential certificate and they also opened bank accounts in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back