Five Pak nationals held
Serampore: Five Pakistani nationals were arrested by the CID from Titagarh in North 24-Parganas district for overstaying in the country under the Foreigners Act, the police said.
The Pakistani nationals, all members of a family from Islamabad, were arrested on Sunday for staying well after the expiry of their visa period and were produced in a court on Monday.
The court remanded Shahazahan (mother) and Ishrat (daughter) to seven days` police custody and Nawab Khan (father), Amir Khan (son) and Ajra (son) to 14 days` judicial custody.
"The family was putting up in a house at Rishra in Hooghly district after their arrival from Islamabad on April 15, 2011," the police said.
They later shifted to the house of Osman Ghani at Titagarh in North 24-Parganas district .
According to the police, a local councillor of Titagarh municipality gave them residential certificate and they also opened bank accounts in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days