Five Pak nationals held
Serampore: Five Pakistani nationals were arrested by the CID from Titagarh in North 24-Parganas district for overstaying in the country under the Foreigners Act, the police said.
The Pakistani nationals, all members of a family from Islamabad, were arrested on Sunday for staying well after the expiry of their visa period and were produced in a court on Monday.
The court remanded Shahazahan (mother) and Ishrat (daughter) to seven days` police custody and Nawab Khan (father), Amir Khan (son) and Ajra (son) to 14 days` judicial custody.
"The family was putting up in a house at Rishra in Hooghly district after their arrival from Islamabad on April 15, 2011," the police said.
They later shifted to the house of Osman Ghani at Titagarh in North 24-Parganas district .
According to the police, a local councillor of Titagarh municipality gave them residential certificate and they also opened bank accounts in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi