Five picnickers killed in road accident in West Bengal
Jalpaiguri (West Bengal): Five picnickers were killed and 16 others injured when a pick-up van, in which they were travelling to a riverside, overturned at Nagrakata, about 85 km from here on Monday, police said.
The small vehicle turned turtle as it was overcrowded with 21 people, sources said.
The van was on its way to a picnic spot near `Ramti Jhora` adjacent to Shyam Singh tea garden in Jalpaiguri district when the mishap happened in which Five persons died on the spot and 16 others were injured.
Six critically injured were referred to the North Bengal Medical College in Siliguri, while ten others were admitted to the Mal Sub-Division hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC