Five picnickers killed in road accident in West Bengal
Jalpaiguri (West Bengal): Five picnickers were killed and 16 others injured when a pick-up van, in which they were travelling to a riverside, overturned at Nagrakata, about 85 km from here on Monday, police said.
The small vehicle turned turtle as it was overcrowded with 21 people, sources said.
The van was on its way to a picnic spot near `Ramti Jhora` adjacent to Shyam Singh tea garden in Jalpaiguri district when the mishap happened in which Five persons died on the spot and 16 others were injured.
Six critically injured were referred to the North Bengal Medical College in Siliguri, while ten others were admitted to the Mal Sub-Division hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...