Five picnickers killed in road accident in West Bengal
Jalpaiguri (West Bengal): Five picnickers were killed and 16 others injured when a pick-up van, in which they were travelling to a riverside, overturned at Nagrakata, about 85 km from here on Monday, police said.
The small vehicle turned turtle as it was overcrowded with 21 people, sources said.
The van was on its way to a picnic spot near `Ramti Jhora` adjacent to Shyam Singh tea garden in Jalpaiguri district when the mishap happened in which Five persons died on the spot and 16 others were injured.
Six critically injured were referred to the North Bengal Medical College in Siliguri, while ten others were admitted to the Mal Sub-Division hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list