Five policemen injured in stone pelting in Howrah
Howrah: Five policemen were injured when a mob threw stones on them when they went to lift a road blockade put up by local people at Nazirgang in Howrah district demanding repair of roads, police sources said.
When the locals refused to lift the blockade the police lathicharged the mob which threw stones on the cops injuring five policemen and damaging a police vehicle, the sources said.
The local people alleged that 15 people were injured in the lathicharge.
The Rapid Action Force (RAF) has been deployed in the area as there was tension in the area, the sources said adding the situation was under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?