Five policemen injured in stone pelting in Howrah
Howrah: Five policemen were injured when a mob threw stones on them when they went to lift a road blockade put up by local people at Nazirgang in Howrah district demanding repair of roads, police sources said.
When the locals refused to lift the blockade the police lathicharged the mob which threw stones on the cops injuring five policemen and damaging a police vehicle, the sources said.
The local people alleged that 15 people were injured in the lathicharge.
The Rapid Action Force (RAF) has been deployed in the area as there was tension in the area, the sources said adding the situation was under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM