Five policemen injured in stone pelting in Howrah
Howrah: Five policemen were injured when a mob threw stones on them when they went to lift a road blockade put up by local people at Nazirgang in Howrah district demanding repair of roads, police sources said.
When the locals refused to lift the blockade the police lathicharged the mob which threw stones on the cops injuring five policemen and damaging a police vehicle, the sources said.
The local people alleged that 15 people were injured in the lathicharge.
The Rapid Action Force (RAF) has been deployed in the area as there was tension in the area, the sources said adding the situation was under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM