Five policemen injured in stone pelting in Howrah
Howrah: Five policemen were injured when a mob threw stones on them when they went to lift a road blockade put up by local people at Nazirgang in Howrah district demanding repair of roads, police sources said.
When the locals refused to lift the blockade the police lathicharged the mob which threw stones on the cops injuring five policemen and damaging a police vehicle, the sources said.
The local people alleged that 15 people were injured in the lathicharge.
The Rapid Action Force (RAF) has been deployed in the area as there was tension in the area, the sources said adding the situation was under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you