Five policemen injured in stone pelting in Howrah
Howrah: Five policemen were injured when a mob threw stones on them when they went to lift a road blockade put up by local people at Nazirgang in Howrah district demanding repair of roads, police sources said.
When the locals refused to lift the blockade the police lathicharged the mob which threw stones on the cops injuring five policemen and damaging a police vehicle, the sources said.
The local people alleged that 15 people were injured in the lathicharge.
The Rapid Action Force (RAF) has been deployed in the area as there was tension in the area, the sources said adding the situation was under control.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today