Flood situation in Jalpaiguri worsens due to heavy rains
Jalpaiguri: Flood situation in parts of Jalpaiguri district on Thursday worsened due to intermittent heavy rains.
Khayerkata village is completely flooded due to overflowing of river waters, forcing marooned residents to take shelter in relief camps, officials said.
Heavy rains caused the rivers to breach their embankment in many places of the district.
As river water levels rose, embankments in some places were breached.
Officials said the district administration is taking steps to provide relief for those affected.
Water levels in Teesta, Reti and Dudhua rivers have touched the danger mark and flooded large tracts of land in Jalpaiguri, including Khayerkata village and Dhupguri - a tea garden area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray