Fog hits flight operations in Kolkata
Kolkata: Operations of at least 23 planes
from Kolkata airport were disrupted for three hours in the wee
hours today due to dense fog and poor visibility, airport
At least 13 outgoing domestic flights could not take off
and 10 other domestic flights could not land at the airport
due to visibility going below 300 metre, they said.
Flight operations were suspended at 5.50 am as the
visibility went too low for CAT-2 Instrumental Landing System
to work at NSC Bose International airport, officials said.
The delayed flights include Air India flights from
Kolkata to Mumbai, New Delhi and Silchar, they said.
Ten domestic incoming flights kept hovering in the sky
and began to land after the visibility improved at 8:40 am and
operations were normalised, officials said.
However, no flight was diverted and no international
flight was affected, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview