Fog hits flight operations in Kolkata
Kolkata: Operations of at least 23 planes
from Kolkata airport were disrupted for three hours in the wee
hours today due to dense fog and poor visibility, airport
At least 13 outgoing domestic flights could not take off
and 10 other domestic flights could not land at the airport
due to visibility going below 300 metre, they said.
Flight operations were suspended at 5.50 am as the
visibility went too low for CAT-2 Instrumental Landing System
to work at NSC Bose International airport, officials said.
The delayed flights include Air India flights from
Kolkata to Mumbai, New Delhi and Silchar, they said.
Ten domestic incoming flights kept hovering in the sky
and began to land after the visibility improved at 8:40 am and
operations were normalised, officials said.
However, no flight was diverted and no international
flight was affected, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!