Fog hits flight operations in Kolkata
Kolkata: Operations of at least 23 planes
from Kolkata airport were disrupted for three hours in the wee
hours today due to dense fog and poor visibility, airport
At least 13 outgoing domestic flights could not take off
and 10 other domestic flights could not land at the airport
due to visibility going below 300 metre, they said.
Flight operations were suspended at 5.50 am as the
visibility went too low for CAT-2 Instrumental Landing System
to work at NSC Bose International airport, officials said.
The delayed flights include Air India flights from
Kolkata to Mumbai, New Delhi and Silchar, they said.
Ten domestic incoming flights kept hovering in the sky
and began to land after the visibility improved at 8:40 am and
operations were normalised, officials said.
However, no flight was diverted and no international
flight was affected, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’
- Bihar court orders FIR against Mayawati, other BSP leaders over inflammatory speeches
- Hiddleston perfect to be next 007 agent: Caterina Murino
- Spanish parties, King make fourth bid to end political stalemate
- Scientists develop space boot to avert astronauts from tripping over