Foreign powers tried to dislodge LF govt in Bengal: Buddha
Dankuni: Foreign powers tried to
destabilise the Left Front government in West Bengal, while
there were forces within the country also which tried to do
the same thing, West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb
Bhattacharjee said on Thursday.
"Foreign powers have tried to dislodge the Left Front
government in the past and the conspiracy is still
continuing," the chief minister told an election rally here in
Stating that foreign powers had made an attempt to
dislodge the government by dropping arms in Purulia district
on December 17, 1995, he claimed that `the conspiracy was
He also said there were many forces in the country
bent upon dislodging the Left Front government.
The chief minister raked up Trinamool Congress` `huge
poll expenditure` and said "full bench of Election Commission
has arrived in Kolkata and our views have been submitted
"The Trinamool Congress has been spending huge sums of
money and we want to know from where it has come," he said.
Pointing out that the Trinamool used helicopters in
election campaign, Bhattacharjee said "Our party is not in a
position to hire helicopters for such purposes."
Bhattacharjee asserted he was confident the eighth
Left Front government would be a reality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015