Forensic experts collect samples from Surya Sen market site
Kolkata: A day after the devastating fire engulfed the Surya Sen market here in Sealdah, forensic experts today visited the area and collected samples for investigation.
Fire Services minister Javed Khan told PTI that 19 persons were killed in the fire yesterday.
Khan had said yesterday that the fire claimed 20 lives.
Meanwhile, Kolkata Mayor Sovan Chatterjee said that the police and fire services department would suggest measures for fire-fighting arrangements in private markets.
Chatterjee told the Kolkata Municipal Corporation House that fire-fighting arrangements in all the 46 markets run by it would be modernised and monitored.
Leader of the Opposition in KMC house Rupa Bagchi demanded that an all-party meeting be called to discuss steps to prevent fires in markets in the metropolis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you