Forensic experts fail to collect evidence at AMRI
Kolkata: Forensic experts on Sunday could not
collect evidence at the AMRI Hospital, where more than 90
persons lost their lives after inhaling toxic fumes from a
devastating fire on Friday, as the basement where the fire
started was still under several feet of water.
As the basement is still flooded, forensic experts could
not go inside to collect evidence to ascertain the cause of
the fire and what materials were stored there, police sources
The experts are expected to visit the hospital once again
on Monday to carry out their investigations, the sources said.
The basement was still under a few feet of water and
until it was drained out, investigation and collection of
samples would not be possible.
The basement was flooded by the fire brigade personnel
for cooling of the overheated basement and the walls and to
ensure that no new fire started from any burning ember.
Six directors of AMRI Hospital have been arrested and
sent to police custody for ten days after they were produced
before a city court on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog