Former Birbhum SP gets new posting after being shunted out
Kolkata: C Sudhakar, former Birbhum SP who was transferred as officer on compulsory waiting after the Labhpur gang-rape incident, has been posted as DC (Detective Department) under Barrackpore Police Commissionerate.
Six IPS officers, along with Sudhakar, have either been transferred or promoted in a reshuffle in the IPS cadre in the state, state secretariat sources said on Friday.
ADG (Railways) Amar Kanti Sarkar has been transferred as ADG (Enforcement Branch) replacing MK Singh, who will take over as the new ADG (Railways).
IGP (Welfare) NR Babu has been transferred as IGP (Railways).
Rashid Munir Khan who was serving as Additional Deputy Commissioner (North) under Howrah Police Commissionerate has been promoted as Deputy Commissioner (North) under the same Commissionerate.
Additional SP Lalbagh in Murshidabad district Avvaru Ravindranath has been transferred as ASP (West Zone) South 24 Parganas district, secretariat sources added.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why