Former Birbhum SP gets new posting after being shunted out
Kolkata: C Sudhakar, former Birbhum SP who was transferred as officer on compulsory waiting after the Labhpur gang-rape incident, has been posted as DC (Detective Department) under Barrackpore Police Commissionerate.
Six IPS officers, along with Sudhakar, have either been transferred or promoted in a reshuffle in the IPS cadre in the state, state secretariat sources said on Friday.
ADG (Railways) Amar Kanti Sarkar has been transferred as ADG (Enforcement Branch) replacing MK Singh, who will take over as the new ADG (Railways).
IGP (Welfare) NR Babu has been transferred as IGP (Railways).
Rashid Munir Khan who was serving as Additional Deputy Commissioner (North) under Howrah Police Commissionerate has been promoted as Deputy Commissioner (North) under the same Commissionerate.
Additional SP Lalbagh in Murshidabad district Avvaru Ravindranath has been transferred as ASP (West Zone) South 24 Parganas district, secretariat sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi