Former Birbhum SP gets new posting after being shunted out
Kolkata: C Sudhakar, former Birbhum SP who was transferred as officer on compulsory waiting after the Labhpur gang-rape incident, has been posted as DC (Detective Department) under Barrackpore Police Commissionerate.
Six IPS officers, along with Sudhakar, have either been transferred or promoted in a reshuffle in the IPS cadre in the state, state secretariat sources said on Friday.
ADG (Railways) Amar Kanti Sarkar has been transferred as ADG (Enforcement Branch) replacing MK Singh, who will take over as the new ADG (Railways).
IGP (Welfare) NR Babu has been transferred as IGP (Railways).
Rashid Munir Khan who was serving as Additional Deputy Commissioner (North) under Howrah Police Commissionerate has been promoted as Deputy Commissioner (North) under the same Commissionerate.
Additional SP Lalbagh in Murshidabad district Avvaru Ravindranath has been transferred as ASP (West Zone) South 24 Parganas district, secretariat sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway