Former Birbhum SP gets new posting after being shunted out
Kolkata: C Sudhakar, former Birbhum SP who was transferred as officer on compulsory waiting after the Labhpur gang-rape incident, has been posted as DC (Detective Department) under Barrackpore Police Commissionerate.
Six IPS officers, along with Sudhakar, have either been transferred or promoted in a reshuffle in the IPS cadre in the state, state secretariat sources said on Friday.
ADG (Railways) Amar Kanti Sarkar has been transferred as ADG (Enforcement Branch) replacing MK Singh, who will take over as the new ADG (Railways).
IGP (Welfare) NR Babu has been transferred as IGP (Railways).
Rashid Munir Khan who was serving as Additional Deputy Commissioner (North) under Howrah Police Commissionerate has been promoted as Deputy Commissioner (North) under the same Commissionerate.
Additional SP Lalbagh in Murshidabad district Avvaru Ravindranath has been transferred as ASP (West Zone) South 24 Parganas district, secretariat sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised